Sunday, January 22, 2006

Balle Superman

Ni Shava Superman.
***


I've been swamped lately between law school classes and my CFP (Certified Financial Planner) classes. I figured I needed something else on my plate, so I started browsing Craigslist (one of my favorite sites - you can find a roomate, furniture, a job, and a one-night stand all in one place) in the musicians community section. As much as I love music, I've only ever let it out in mini-spurts - more toned down, I suppose. There was no way I could go holding it all in. I used to think I did that all because of a desire to not upset my parents' idea of how life is supposed to go. I've realized more and more lately that it was also maybe out of shyness or a lack of confidence on my part. I like my voice, but there's been something that's always made me feel that if I really just sang in front of people, just really letting myself go, that I would leave myself open and vulnerable, or maybe I didn't want to share that part of myself with them (or what if I just suck?). I don't know. So anyhow, I've been pushing myself to let it out, bit by bit, I suppose. That's why I was excited when I met up with DJ Pain1 of Extortion Entertainment. Being involved with the RKS project has made me want to put myself out there more. (Shout out to Pain! If you haven't yet, definitely check out RKS's Bollywood Ka Bacha.) So that's how I ended up browsing Craigslist, looking for some sort of outlet, some sort of gig. I came across an ad - some chick looking for a desi female singer. (For the non-South Asian folk, desi denotes "of the country".) Long story short, she's this singer, she sings in English/Punjabi/Hindi, and does a Bollywood-y, fusion type thing. (I won't give out too much info on her as yet because if nothing happens, I don't want her or my business out there. Yeah yeah I know I blog, but, believe it or not, I'm still a pretty private person. When I blog, I share some personal sentiments, but super personal info? Yeah, not so much.) Anyways, I'm meeting up with her tonight and we're supposed to "vibe it out". I'm assuming that means have a casual chat and sing and stuff. ::: shrug ::: I don't know how these things work. I'm just going to be studying all day and then meet up with her late tonight. I'm not making a big deal about it because you just can't assume shit. But, if anything, I'm excited at seeing me taking steps to make myself happier.

Today's object of:

Affection: Victoria's Secret's Semi-Annual sale. *Big Grin*.

Hateration: Aunties who tell me I need to lose weight. Yes, I know. We all got the memo. I'm working on it. Leave me alone. You're fatter than I am, and at least I'm thick and curvy (and Rubenesque, even?), and don't look like a barrel. Jerk.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck,darlin! Let me know if anything comes of it! :)

January 23, 2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger DasEFX said...

Ack! Aunties are all like that! When they remind me that I am getting fatter, I remind them that their mustaches are growing longer. :p :)

January 30, 2006 2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're sexy - I'd do you.

February 01, 2006 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home